Sunday, May 15, 2011

#6: Detox Day 2 - Improvements and Results

I have been on this veggie juice detox for two days and have already dropped four pounds of toxins.  I am amazed at how quick and effective these healthy concoctions have been at helping me achieve my ultimate goal of streamlining my figure, increasing my energy, and clearing out my vessel to promote efficiency.  I have been notified that the average person must detox for approximately two weeks to achieve maximum cleansing.  Hopefully at this rate I will have reached my target weight in the process and helped to revitalize my skin and hair with all of the vitamins and minerals I am taking in on a daily basis.  Start now, stay healthy for life, right?

Today I made some improvements to yesterday's recipe.  These improvements should serve to cater to those who have a bit of a distaste for veggies because the blend is so fantastically smooth in texture and taste.  Behold my creation!


This little beauty took all the health benefits of yesterday's Carrot-Apple-Ginger-Flaxseed Smoothie and added in a bit of style and grace: Cucumber and Orange-Tangerine Juice!  This tiny alteration sweetens up the smoothie exponentially and makes for a happy tum.


Ingredients.
- 8 tiny snack carrots (or two large carrots).
- 1 red apple (peeled).
- 1 inch of fresh ginger (skin removed).
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled and sliced).
- 1 teaspoon of flaxseeds (soaked to make flax water)
- splash of tropicana orange-tangerine juice with calcium

Blending the veggies.  Follow the directions from #5: Spring Cleaning Detox and add your peeled and sliced cucumber just before the flaxseed-water combination.  Splash the tiniest bit of Tropicana Orange-Tangerine Juice with Calcium onto the top of the mixture and blend until smooth.


If you are trying this detox along with me or want to suggest some other smoothie ideas, let me know by leaving a comment.  Your feedback is always welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment